This recipe shows how to enable (or disable) AirPlay when playing a video using MPMoviePlayerController.
- Add the following class variable in a UIViewController subclass.
- Add a movie file named sample.m4v to the project in Xamarin or Visual Studio. There is a sample file included in the example project.
- In the ViewDidLoad method, create the MPMoviePlayer
moviePlayer = new MPMoviePlayerController (NSUrl.FromFilename("sample.m4v"); moviePlayer.View.Frame = View.Bounds; moviePlayer.ShouldAutoplay = true; // starts automatically
- To enable AirPlay for this movie, set AllowsAirPlay to true.
moviePlayer.AllowsAirPlay = true;
- When the application runs, the AirPlay icon will be visible (the rectangle with the up-arrow, to the right of the movie controls). Pressing the AirPlay button will show a menu of available AirPlay devices – select another device and the video output will be routed to that device.
- To disable AirPlay, set AllowsAirPlay to false and the AirPlay option will not be displayed.
moviePlayer.AllowsAirPlay = false;