This recipe shows how to create a new Android project.
Create an Android Project in Xamarin Studio
Creating a new Xamarin.Android project is simple.
1. First, launch Xamarin Studio or Visual Studio and click on "Start New Solution" in the top left corner.
2. A window will pop up with a list of options for the types of projects available to you. To create an Android project, hit the C# category to open up the available sub-categories, then select Android.
3. On the right, you will see options for the various templates available to you. If you are new to Xamarin.Android and unsure about which one to use, just select Android Application.
4. Choose a sensible name for your project, avoiding spaces and special characters, and hit OK.
5. Xamarin Studio or Visual Studio will create and populate a new project for you.